Don’t be deceived by the forecasts of future returns. They are just that, forecasts, which are flawed.
• Flawed forecast can be the difference between hitting your nest-egg goal and still needing to work at 70.
• Despite extensive fake news on retirement, academics reckon 3 proven ways to better outcomes: saving more, taking on more risk & reducing fees.
• For many individuals (and institutional investors) saving more is not an option & reducing fees is the preferred strategy for increasing returns.
• There are many options to saving for retirement – KiwiSaver, DIY investing, buying a house etc., but there are variables to consider – asset allocation & savings calculator you use to forecast your savings.
• The Economist Magazine noted that the reason why individuals saving for retirement may not save enough is that they “may have been deceived by the robustness of past returns”.
» At NZPIC, you’ll learn not only how to reduce fees & save for retirement, but also how to create wealth through property. Sign up now! to learn more.