• 131 new sections at Crofton Downs Wellington could help lower the capital’s housing shortage
• The Silverstream Terraces subdivision in Wellington is being built by developers Parklane Infrastruct.
• House prices in Wellington are rising faster than Auckland’s, leaving Wellington city 3590 dwellings short of what it needs.
• Acting Wellington Mayor Paul Eagle said concerns by some residents over possible drainage issues, slips and subsidence at the site would be worked through .
• The city council and Greater Wellington Regional Council said permanent earthworks had been designed for long-term stability.
• Geotechnical visits had been done regularly and there were no concerns about the development.
Stay tuned for the latest property news summaries, sent to your inbox fortnightly Sign up now