Property managers found bailiffs less helpful & inefficient especially now that their numbers fell from 83 to 32 nationwide.
• Information released to Stuff revealed there were 32 bailiffs nationwide in December 2016, compared to 83 in January 2015.
• The bailiffs employed in Canterbury are down from 6 in 2015 to 4 in 2016, Auckland got 9 from 32, Wellington had 2, while Dunedin relied on just 1.
• With fewer bailiffs on the job, property managers face lengthy waits for eviction support and, in some cases, are going it alone.
• Some say waiting is not worth it, while others found it more efficient & cost effective if they moved tenants on without seeking bailiff help.
– Stay tuned for the latest property news summaries, sent to your inbox weekly – sign up here.